This is our eleventh article on how to create your own professional WordPress website on 1&1 IONOS webhosting.
If you've been following previous articles we now have a website which has 4 pages - three of which we created and one which is a sample page. These pages are listed in the menu at the top of the page. In this post we will make some changes to this menu.
Go to your WordPress dashboard.
Click on Appearance and then Menus
Enter a name for the Menu - Main header menu and click Create Menu
Select the Primary menu
On the left side click the following items:
- About Us
- Contact Us
and then click Add to Menu.
The items will now be listed under Menu Structure.
Hover over Homepage and drag it to the top.
Move About Us to the bottom.
Click Save Menu
It will look like this:
Change titles of menu items
The title of Homepage doesn't look quite right. Rather than going back and changing the title of the page we can just edit the title of the menu item.
Under Menu Structure and the Home block, click the little down arrow next to Page.
Change the Navigation to Home
Click Save Menu.
Go back to your website and refresh the page so you can see the new menu.
In our next article, which is also our final article we will learn how to add a footer to the website which will finish it off and add that extra professional look .
About this series of articles
This is the second article in our series of creating a WordPress website from scratch. The complete list of articles is as follows:
- How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website
- How to install WordPress on 1&1 IONOS
- How to login to WordPress
- WordPress Settings you should change for new website
- How to create a "New website coming soon" for your WordPress website
- How to install a WordPress Theme
- How to add photos to your WordPress website
- Create a homepage for your WordPress website with Beaver Builder
- How to create a Contact Us page in WordPress
- How to create an About Us page on your WordPress website
- THIS ARTICLE: How to create custom menus in WordPress
- How to add a footer to your WordPress website