This is our ninth article on how to create your own professional WordPress website on 1&1 IONOS webhosting.
In this article we are going to create a new page and add a contact form to it so visitors to the website can easily get in contact with you.
If you’ve been following this series of posts about creating a WordPress website then the initial steps will be very familiar so we haven’t included screenshots.
Go to the WordPress dashboard.
Go to Plugins and click Add New.
Search for contact form 7.
Click Install Now and then Activate.
Once complete you will have a new menu item on the side called Contact. Click on it.
Click Contact form 1, which is the default form that comes with the plugin.
You can see the fields your form will be made up of:
- Email address
Just above this you will see a blue strip with white writing. Click in this and it will turn dark blue. Then either right-mouse click and select copy or do CTRL+C.
Click Pages and click Add New.
Enter a title of Contact Us.
In the body of the page do CTRL+V or right-mouse click and paste.
Go to your website which should be open in another browser tab and refresh your page.
You will see the menu in the header updated with Contact Us.
Click on Contact Us and you will see your new contact us form. Why not fill it in and click Send.
In the next article we will learn how to create an About Us page so potential customers can learn more about your business.
About this series of articles
This is the second article in our series of creating a WordPress website from scratch. The complete list of articles is as follows:
- How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website
- How to install WordPress on 1&1 IONOS
- How to login to WordPress
- WordPress Settings you should change for new website
- How to create a “New website coming soon” for your WordPress website
- How to install a WordPress Theme
- How to add photos to your WordPress website
- Create a homepage for your WordPress website with Beaver Builder
- THIS ARTICLE: How to create a Contact Us page in WordPress
- How to create an About Us page on your WordPress website
- How to create custom menus in WordPress
- How to add a footer to your WordPress website