This is our tenth article on how to create your own professional WordPress website on1&1 IONOS webhosting.
In this article we are gong to create an About Us page so visitors can learn more about you and your business. Again we will use Beaver Builder to build the page.
Click Pages and then Add New.
Enter a title of About Us.
On the right hand side under layout change it to custom and then select the first icon.
Click Beaver Builder
Click Rows and then drag the 2 columns to the page.
Adjust the width of the columns so the first column is wider than the second column.
Go to the + sign and click on Modules and drag Text Editor across to the first box on the page.
Enter text which represents everything about your business.
We will also include a link to the contact form. Highlight the text contact form and then click the link button as shown below.
In the box type start typing contact and it a list of pages with contact in it will appear. Select the first one, Contact Usm and click the blue arrow.
Now click the + icon and drag a photo to the second box.
Click Select Photo and then select a photo and click Select Photo
Add another photo by clicking + icon and dragging photo to the second box just underneath the existing photo.
Click Select Photo and choose a photo to add.
Once done click Done and then Publish.
In the next article we will learn how to customise the menu in the header so it only shows pages we want.
About this series of articles
This is the second article in our series of creating a WordPress website from scratch. The complete list of articles is as follows:
- How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website
- How to install WordPress on 1&1 IONOS
- How to login to WordPress
- WordPress Settings you should change for new website
- How to create a “New website coming soon” for your WordPress website
- How to install a WordPress Theme
- How to add photos to your WordPress website
- Create a homepage for your WordPress website with Beaver Builder
- How to create a Contact Us page in WordPress
- THIS ARTICLE: How to create an About Us page on your WordPress website
- How to create custom menus in WordPress
- How to add a footer to your WordPress website