This is our twelth and final article on how to create your own professional WordPress website on 1&1 IONOS webhosting.
The good news is our website is nearly finished! However, if we scroll down to the bottom of the website it doesn’t look quite complete does it? Let’s add a footer which will finish it off nicely.
Go to WordPress dashboard and click Appearance and then Widgets.
On the left side are a list of all the widgets available and on the right are locations where widgets can go.
We haven’t made use of the sidebar in our website. If you remember when we created pages in article 8, 9 and 10 we changed the layout to custom and selected the first icon. This layout removes the sidebar. For some page you may want to have a sidebar. It’s totally up to you.
Let expand the Footer 1 by clicking the little down arrow.
Click and drag Custom HTML block over to the Footer 1 area.
Enter a title and then some content:
Click Save and then Done.
We could add different information into Footer 2 if we wanted.
Go to your website and refresh your page and scroll to the bottom of the page to see your new widget.
About this series of articles
This is the second article in our series of creating a WordPress website from scratch. The complete list of articles is as follows:
- How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website
- How to install WordPress on 1&1 IONOS
- How to login to WordPress
- WordPress Settings you should change for new website
- How to create a “New website coming soon” for your WordPress website
- How to install a WordPress Theme
- How to add photos to your WordPress website
- Create a homepage for your WordPress website with Beaver Builder
- How to create a Contact Us page in WordPress
- How to create an About Us page on your WordPress website
- How to create custom menus in WordPress
- THIS ARTICLE: How to add a footer to your WordPress website