If you’ve always wanted to create your own website but aren’t sure where to start then you will love our new step-by-step guide. Over a series of 12 articles we will explain everything you need to know about setting up a webhosting account with 1&1 IONOS, installing WordPress and creating a professional website.
The order of the topics is:
- How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website
- How to install WordPress on 1&1 IONOS
- How to login to WordPress
- WordPress Settings you should change for new website
- How to create a “New website coming soon” for your WordPress website
- How to install a WordPress Theme
- How to add photos to your WordPress website
- Create a homepage for your WordPress website with Beaver Builder
- How to create a Contact Us page in WordPress
- How to create an About Us page on your WordPress website
- How to create custom menus in WordPress
- How to add a footer to your WordPress website
We will be creating a website for a fictious cake shop called Sally’s Cakes in Windsor. Visit the website now to see what it looks like. As you can see it is a modern looking website with crisp lines and good quality images. You will be able to take everything you learn and apply it to your own website ideas.
To get started read our first article – How to setup a 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting Account for a WordPress website – and get your 1&1 IONOS webhosting account setup.